About Lonely Furrow Company
Lonely Furrow Company ethos
Do you want to make your life exceptional – as a good writer or an excellent father or some other unique aspect of your persona? Lonely Furrow Company can encourage, challenge and stimulate you in the right direction. And, with this help from Lonely Furrow Company, you’ll be the best whatever you can be.
Why choose Lonely Furrow Company?
Lonely Furrow Company Founder/Director Elizabeth Gates is an established authority in her field.
YOUR GUARANTEE OF EXPERTISE
Elizabeth Gates’ writing, communication and well-being coaching follows internationally-recognised ethical guidelines and matches all the competencies required of a professional coach. As a therapeutic creative writing practitioner, she belongs to Lapidus and the National Association of Writers in Education. A published writer since 1985, she has been a member of the Society of Authors since 1993. And, in all aspects of her work, she is committed to a rolling programme of continuous professional development and of supervision.
Why choose Elizabeth Gates?
Whatever your issue, Elizabeth Gates has the knowledge and experience to be able to help.
- BA Honours in English Language and Literature
- MA in Linguistics (specialising in sociolinguistics)
- Certificate of Personal coaching Skills with training school, Coaching Development
- Therapeutic writing and story CPD through Lapidus and NAWE.
- Creative Writing & Publishing industry CPD through Society of Authors.
- Training adult learners in English language skills, creative writing, communication skills, PR skills, literature skills, & English for Special Purposes, in Belgium, Germany and the UK (10 years))
- freelance journalism for national and regional newspapers and magazines on health and well-being (1985 – 2010)
- book chapter authoring (various) (Health & Well-being; Story in Management; Story in Healthcare)
- founding Lonely Furrow Company – a client-centred coaching & mentoring practice specialising in writer development, communication coaching, well-being and personal development (2005 – )
- facilitating Lonely Furrow Company Well-being Sessions – using therapeutic creative writing, story and creativity in health and social care settings
- facilitating Journalling Together groups
- facilitating Coffee & Creativity (creative writing) workshops
- facilitating Creative Writing Clinics for private clients
- facilitating Lonely Furrow Company e-Learning for groups and individuals.
“Forget all preconceptions of coaching… Elizabeth’s approach is gentle and humorous, but you find that her coaching makes things happen in your life.”
Marion Baddeley / Local Authority Employee / Hampshire